Monday 20 September 2010

Job seeking, teaching and Terry Pratchett

I've spoken to some really lovely people today about how they don't have any jobs to give me. It's very nice of them to sugar coat it for me so it's nice and easy to swallow.


Even jobs I'm more than qualified to do are filled so that's a no go.


Hope floats though as I have found a couple of positions I'd be awesome at that could be right up my street.


Thank you to the lovely someone that clicked an ad on the blog earlier today, I'm one step closer to paying for the wedding cake we ordered today (It's immense by the way, pictures will follow!)


Had a very good day teaching media today. It turns out these kids are a very bright bunch with good knowledge. I really do hope they all succeed; so far they deserve to.



Laura read me a little of I Shall Wear Midnight tonight. I really want to get back into Terry Pratchett's books. I loved to read as a child and then in my teenage years if it wasn't on a computer screen it wasn't important. I miss the smell and feel of books and the feeling inside as you imagine what it would feel like to be the character.


The first thing I read by him was The Carpet People. I properly love that book. I think that's where I'll go... Back to the beginning. And then I'll maybe even introduce them to Matt.


Thanks for reading my nonsense this evening; sometimes it's just good to vent. The next installment of my all too digital life will be a knee-jerker; I promise you that!

No comments:

Post a Comment